- Buying a car. It’s tiny, but it’s emissions-friendly and gets 60+ miles to the gallon.
- Moving into a long-term apartment. A 3-bedroom apartment a short walk from Banyoles Lake.
- Buying a Thermomix. If NASA focused on the kitchen, they would have built this. We use it daily.
- Our boxes arriving from the US.
- Traveling to Chamonix, the Pyrenees, Nice and Chamonix again.
- Andrea performing in the Barcelona orchestra.
- Running and training – a lot.
- Making new friends.
- Staying in touch with family and friends not in Spain.
- Andrea geting a bike.
- Me getting my NIE, which means I can stay in Spain, open a bank account, get health insurance, etc.
- Starting a garden (and a compost bin).
- Joining a local organic food co-op in Girona.
- Completing a 10-day silent Vipassana meditation. The hardest thing I’ve ever done.
- Weekly volunteering at a local organic farm outside of Besalú.
- Celebrating my mom’s birthday in Nice.
- Celebrating Abuela’s 92nd birthday in Barcelona. With calçots.
- Both us being sick for the entire month of January.
- I am way behind on learning Catalan.
- Mas Anglada in a holding pattern.